The Templete de la Santa Cruz is located in the center of the Periurban Park La Mejorada. The one we know today is about 40 years old and is a construction with four columns facing the four cardinal points covered by a roof with a cross.
The original monument dates from approximately 1919. According to existing documentation in the Municipal Archives, the City Council decided to build a monument that would serve as a shelter for the Santa Cruz on the day of its pilgrimage, May 3rd.
Two projects carried out by Régulo Castillo Villaescusa are preserved: one in which the side walls were closed and the one we know today.
Periurban Park La Mejorada
Up to Periurban Park La Mejorada:
At Periurban Park La Mejorada: